In this article, we will provide you with a guide on how to recover a hacked Facebook account. Facebook is considered the most popular social networking site. This is owed the fact that the social media giant, Facebook, has a huge user base which boasts of over 2 billion monthly visitors on the site. However, as with numerous popular or famous things, it is prone to a bad incident. One of these incidents is the hacking of Facebook accounts as users are met with a number of hacked Facebook accounts.
While one’s Facebook account being hacked does sound ominous, recovering a hacked Facebook account is easier than you might think and can be done in few steps but users must realize as quickly as possible that their account has been hacked and work fast in order to recover it. Once it has been recovered, users are advised to be extra protective of their account and devices they log in with to ensure more security.
How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account | Steps/Procedures
In most cases of hacking, the Password of the Facebook account is changed hence locking out the actual owner of the Facebook account. This is common because it gives the hacker full access to control your account without your interference except you act fast to recover the account. Below are the following steps on how to recover your hacked Facebook account in the case where your password was changed;
- Go to the Facebook login page at facebook.com
- If it is just a case of your password been changed while you have access to your associated email account, proceed to click on “forgot password” option.
- Facebook will redirect you to a page where you will be asked to provide either your username, email address or phone number associated with the account. You can choose any of the options.
- Your profile will be sourced out by Facebook, view your specific profile
- Input the associated email address or phone number and click “Continue”
- You will receive a recovery code sent to either of the associate means of contact you provided. Enter the code in the specified field and click “Continue”
You will be required to set and verify your new password which will automatically mean that you have regained control and you have recovered your hacked Facebook account and as such, your account is ready for your use again. Extra precautions should be taken to avoid getting your account hacked again. These precautions could be to strengthen your Facebook password, log in on your own devices either at home or at work and keeping your password a secret. That way you would be the only one familiar with the password and would not need to have to recover your Facebook account.