If you own a business, its time to increase the level of exposure of your business by putting it online through Google map, in a section known as Google my Business. But how is done- how to put your business on Google map? Since the advent to Google my Business, a lot of business owners have registered their business on Google. In one way or the other to enable their business to show up on Google when searches related to their businesses are made on Google.
When a user types in a keyword on Google search bar, Google employs some sort of algorithm to generate results. Based on what that user has searched in the search bar. I remember when I started off with a little stand for my cyber cafe business center. I was more interested in how to put my business on Google map. Because I understood the relevance of registering to Google my business for my business purpose. Which we shall be discussing in this article.
Benefits Of Making Your Business Appear On Map
There are so many benefits you get as a business owner when you put your business on Google map. Asides the fact that it gives your business a sense of online orientation. Here are some other advantages you stand to gain putting your business on Google map:
- Increased customer base
- Builds an atmosphere of professionalism, authenticity, and trust for prospective customers.
- Makes business very accessible through your business contact online
- Evaluate the progress of searches made regarding your business.
These, amongst others, are the many benefits you get from making your business appear on the map. Putting your business up on Google might seem like a task. But it’s not as difficult as it seems, as a matter of fact, it is free. Just follow me close as I break down the steps involved in listing your business on Google map.
How to Put Your Business on Google Map
With all that being said, let’s run straight to the steps involved in how to put your business on Google map. Starting with:
- Creating a Gmail account for your business; then
- Log on to google.com/business on your device.
- Enter your business name and address in the search bar on the map. And if your business does not exist, click on the link below that indicates “ include your business “.
- Confirm your business by clicking “continue”.
- Choose how you want Google to send you a confirmation code; either through phone call or Email.
After the confirmation has been sent to you. You need to enter the code in the field available for it on the Google My Business dashboard. It is also very important to fill out every necessary information. Which would help you build a sophisticated business profile? Also, this will as well increase the chances of your business appearing more anytime a search related to your business is made on Google.