In this article, I would be giving you tips on How to Improve Windows 10 Performance. As a lot of improvement takes place on Windows 10, with it getting faster and leaner by the day, and hardware more compatible, what more could you ask for? Well, as time goes on, the performance of your computer would slowly degrade and they would mainly be factored by compatibility issues, bugs, viruses, or other forms of malware, and even failing hardware.
If your PC is slow, it does not totally entail that you need a new PC. With just some simple steps you can get your PC back up and running. With just a simple software and hardware tweaks, your PC and windows would be set for operation. The best part is that most of these processes are free. So with all that stated, I would be talking to you on a stroll through 30 tips on how to improve your windows 10 performance.
30 Tips on How to Improve Windows 10 Performance
Below are 30 Tips on How to Improve Windows 10 Performance. these tips can really be helpful so do not hesitate to read through.
1. Disable startup apps: a lot of apps that were created on your computer can configure themselves to automatically launch themselves during startups. It is best that you disable them especially when you do not need it.
2. Uninstall non-essential apps: make sure to uninstall all apps that are not useful to you, most especially bloatware.
3. Install only good quality apps: old and poorly created applications can really affect your PC negatively through its performance. To make sure your Windows is safe to install only required quality applications.
4. Install Apps from the Microsoft Store.
5. Disable relaunch apps on startup.
6. Disable background apps: if you want to make your PC run and work more efficiently, it is best that you disable startup background apps.
7. Manage Startup Apps Effectively.
8. Reclaim hard drive space: it does not matter if you are making use of an SSD Hard Drive or the regular HDD, it is not always best that you fill up your drive since it can affect the performance.
9. Run defragmentation tool.
10. Enable ReadyBoost.
11. Install the latest update: from time to time you would need to install the latest system and driver updates to help your PC run more efficiently. Sometimes, it is part of the reason why your PC is not performing well.
12. Change power plan: you should try to make use of switch your power plan to make your PC run faster. It is recommended that you make use of the High performance to make your laptop run faster and better.
13. Increase page file size.
14. Check the computer for malware: sometimes, malware can also affect the speed of your computer. Viruses, spyware, adware, and other malicious software can sometimes take up your computer system resources making it unusable. You would need to scan your computer for them from time to time.
15. Restore the previous working state.
16. Kill bloatware: sometimes your PC can get slow because of bloatware and Adware that takes up the CPU and Adware resources. These files are particularly insidious since they may have been installed by your computer manufacturer.
17. Defrag your hard disk: the more you make use of your Hard drive the Fragmented it would get, and it will slow down your PC. Windows 10 possesses an in-built defragmenter that you can make use of to defragment your hard disk. You can set it to automatically run to remain constantly defragmented.
18. Shut down and restart Windows: doing this would help you with clearing out any excess usage of Ram that cannot be cleared. It would also help you to end processes that are already set and are no longer needed.
19. Repair installation files: you can fix the windows through the use of DISM and SFC command-line tools. This would fix your current windows by having you install a new one.
20. Reset your device: if your Windows Performance still fails to go faster after enough tweaking you can choose to reset it a clear out all your files.
21. Upgrade to faster drive: If tweaking no longer works on your PC, you should consider changing your Hard drive to an SSD Drive. It is a lot faster and more efficient.
22. Upgrade system memory: insufficient system memory or RAM can be one of the reasons why your PC is not running well. Most especially if you carry out multiple tasks and open multiple Tabs.
23. Clean out your Registry: The registry tracks and controls almost everything relating to the way windows work, and most times they can get messy. And lead to an effect on your windows 10 performance.
24. Disable shadows, animations, and visual effects: windows 10 possess some amazing animations and visual effects. On fast and New PCs, the performance is not affected, while on slower and older PCs, the performance is affected.
25. Disable transparency: you should disable the transparency effect that your windows 10 makes use of for its start-up Menu, taskbar, and the action center.
26. Shut off Windows tips and tricks: stop windows from helping your out with tips tricks as it may slow down your PC if it is an old PC.
27. Stop OneDrive from syncing.
28. Turn off search indexing: slower PCs making use of Index can be affected by it, and it would really increase the speed of the PC if they turn it off.
29. Clean out your hard disk.
30. Turn on automated Windows maintenance: your windows 10 performs maintenance on your PC. It carries out activities like security scanning and performing diagnostics to make sure everything is up to snuff, and automatically fix problems if they are located.
With these tips, you can Improve your Windows 10 Performance. So, do not abandon your old PC yet, make sure to go through some of the steps to get your PC up and running again.