Google is an all-powerful Internet tool that virtually every working individual rely on for one form of assistance or the other, Google peruses the web and determines the relevant results to show up on your device when you make a search, and as such, the priority of any online content creator, business owner or any form of entrepreneurship is to have a knowledge of how to get your business on Google search results.
Some people may get discouraged alone, about the thought on how to get their business on Google search results page owing to the very high engagement and influence of Google every day, that narrative has to be changed as it is now very possible as Google as made it easy following the steps on how to get your business listed on Google search results.
Getting Your Business on Google Search Results | Why It is so Important
Like I stated earlier, as an entrepreneur in this 21st century, your priority should be concerned with expanding your business to get a larger customer base, one way to make this goal highly feasible is by getting your business on Google search results page and this also comes with a good number of benefits that will go a long way in giving your business the credibility and numbers you desire. Some of these goals include :
- Improve your business visibility.
- Generating more leads.
- Drive-in website traffic for your business.
- Build an audience.
- Earn the trust of your audience and many more.
It is a known fact that paid results get to claim the almost the first half of the results page, but you can also rely on Google’s Search Engine Optimization to get your business on Google search results page which we shall be highlighting shortly.
How to get your business on Google Search Results | Google my Business
To get your business on Google search results, you need to optimize the visibility of your phone number, business address and phone number citation across the web. Highlighted below, are the steps to get your business on Google search results page :
- Go to Google my Business and click on ‘ get on Google ‘ to get started.
- Enter your business name and address in the search box shown in the page.
- Select your business, and if your business doesn’t appear on the list, you can manually add your business by selecting ‘ add your business ‘.
- When entering your business name, address and phone number, one thing to bear in mind is consistency as the Name, Address and Phone number you use must be the same across the web.
- Google will send you a verification code to verify your location and this may take up to a week or two.
After your verification code has been sent to you either by SMS or phone call, the last step is to confirm your business page by setting up your Google + page as this is the first step in enhancing your SEO and will also go a long way to help make your business visible online.