How to Check the Specs of Your PC’s RAM on Windows and macOS might be a problem to some PC users, but this content would be providing solutions to that. As a system owner who wants to install new software or play a new game on their computer, system specifications are what you need to know before installation or to use a new program on your computer. These system specifications include the storage space on your computer, RAM, and processor of the computer.
Although most of the system comes with the specification booklets which tell us about different hardware specifications of the systems, if you are buying a used computer, you can always check computer system specifications. macOS provides an excellent way to see the computer specifications, but in the case of Windows computer, it is totally different because you will need to go into individual settings to have knowledge about the specifications of the computer. It should be noted that the method of checking system specifications is different for different versions of Windows.
The latest released versions of Windows 10 provides a simple and efficient way to look at the system specification. However, for the older versions, you will have to go to the deep settings on your computer. Here’s how you check system specifications on a different OS.
Checking System Specification on Windows
- Basic Specifications such as processor and RAM:
- This method works on all versions of Windows from Windows XP to the latest Windows 10 and will display the basic specifications of your computer such as the processor and the RAM of your computer.
- Go to the properties of “My Computer” to check the settings.
- Open Windows Explorer on your PC and click on “This PC” in the left panel. In the folder, Right Click and select Properties. It will open the System and display the Processor and installed memory of your computer.
- Storage specifications of your Computer:
- The storage space of the hard disk on your computer can be displayed in the same folder. However, if a partition is not formatted properly you can follow this method to check the detailed specification about the hard drive of your computer.
- Click on the “Start” button in the bottom left corner and search for the Administrative Tools. Click on the first program to open it.
- On the next screen, it will show all the tools of Windows, select the “Computer Management” which will display all the storage space and components of your PC. Double Click on the Storage, then proceed to double click on the Disk Management to view storage specs which will show all the storage spaces on your computer.
- Checking Detailed Specifications Using Command:
- This command will help you, and it will also show you the details of each and every aspect of your computer.
- Click on the “Start” button and search for “Run.” To see the detailed specifications of your computer, you can also open this command interface by pressing the “Windows + R” on your computer.
- Once opened, search for “Msinfo32” and click on “OK.” The system specifications for your computer will be displayed on your screen.
Checking System Specifications for MacOS
macOS provides a better and easier way to look for the specifications of your Mac. You can see all the relevant information about your Mac in the “About this Mac” menu. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner and click on “About this Mac”
- It will display the overview of your Mac such as the Storage, Processor, RAM, Display and Graphics card, etc
This will help you check for the details about each parameter by clicking on appropriate tabs such as RAM, Storage, or Display information. If you are using an older version of macOS, you can click on the “More Info” to know about the information on your Mac.