The Facebook dating app is an online dating platform which is integrated into the social media giant, Facebook app. While you have a Facebook account which is your access to Facebook dating account, it is imperative to note that these are two separate units as activities that you engage in on Facebook dating account is kept strictly to your dating account only. Facebook dating account can also be referred to as Facebook Dating profile.
Once you have signed in to Facebook, it does not mean that you are automatically signed in to the Facebook dating platform rather you will have to opt-in (choose to join in) and proceed to create a Facebook dating account or profile. In order to gain access to create a Facebook dating profile on the online dating app, you have to be 18 years or older and you must be using an updated version of a Facebook app.
Features to Use on Facebook Dating
The aim which the Facebook Dating app was created for is for users to find a meaningful, long-lasting relationship with people who share common interests and preferences. The safety and security of the Facebook dating account is one feature that Facebook made their priority in creating this online dating platform, Facebook dating app. Other features of Facebook dating account includes;
- To join the Facebook dating app, you are required to create a Facebook dating profile which has been made easy due to the fact that Facebook suggests information from your Facebook account which you are free to edit or delete.
- Instagram integration: this feature allows you to share your Instagram posts and stories on your Facebook dating account
- Messaging: You are to comment on a user’s post by asking a question related to the post. Afterwards, the user’s profile is automatically invisible to you and will be visible again when the user replies. This is to avoid excess texts from a stranger.
- Facebook dating account uses a matching mechanism. That is, users with similar interests are suggested to you by Facebook.
- Secret Crush: This allows you to add up to nine Facebook friends or Instagram followers who you have interest in. Facebook matches both parties if the person likes or replies to your notification.
Note that you only get to see Facebook Friends who opted in to use the dating app and likewise your dating profile is only visible to those who have opted into Facebook Dating. With the preemptive block feature on the Facebook dating account, you are in control of who knows about your online dating activities.
How to Create a Facebook Dating Account Profile
Creating a Facebook dating account profile has been made easy, however, there is little or no chance that you get to see frauds and this is because the Facebook dating app provides information from the Facebook account with which you logged in to be certain that you are who you claim to be. Here are the steps on how to create a Facebook Dating profile;
- The Facebook dating app appears on the main menu of your Facebook profile if you are currently operating on the latest version of Facebook app
- Click on it to create a profile as you fill in the required fields
- Proceed to fill in necessary information such as Religion, Occupation, Degree, Location, maybe a note describing yourself etc
- Upload photos in order for other users to know what you look like.
After the necessary fields have been filled, you can now enjoy the experience of the free online dating service on your Facebook dating account. In addition, the Facebook dating app is set up in a way that users are matched based on interests and similarities hence, it is easier to break the ice. All you have to do is like on his or her profile or comment on their post.